2016 NATUROPATHIC MEDICINE WEEK
Mark your calendar now! The 4th
Annual US Naturopathic Medicine Week will be held October 10-16, 2016
. This is a prime opportunity to showcase the value of what you do with patients, prospective patients, reporters, and community leaders through a variety of creative activities, events, and messages.
In prior years, countless AANP members (practicing NDs as well as students) have organized events ranging from open houses, fun runs and lectures to wine tastings, film showings, health fairs and raffles. They’ve also penned articles for local newspapers, obtained television interviews, blogged and tweeted and otherwise spread the word through social media. Some state associations have even had Proclamations signed by their governors recognizing Naturopathic Medicine Week and declaring naturopathic medicine “safe, effective, and affordable.”
What can you do? Anything and everything under the sun! On this page are a variety of ideas and resources you can download and put to immediate use. AANP encourages not only individual NDs but state associations, naturopathic medical schools, and partnering businesses to take part.
So, get creative. Do your bit to promote the benefits of what you do professionally! You'll be helping to gain patients, generate visibility, and ultimately improve our health care system.
HOW TO PROMOTE YOUR EVENT
RESOURCES AVAILABLE FROM AANP
- Write a newspaper article about naturopathic medicine
- Hold an open house
- Give a talk at your local library or book store
- Put on a health or nutrition fair
- Work with your local health food store to hold an activity there
- Sponsor a fun run/walk
- Team with a local restaurant to hold a wine tasting
- Sponsor a film showing
- Hold a picnic or bar-b-que
- Hold a contest or raffle
- Give away T-shirts
- Ask your business partners and vendors to support the event and help to promote it
- Ask your mayor or governor to issue a proclamation "recognizing" the Week
- See the panel to the right for what some groups did last year