AANP 2016 Call For Speakers
Speaker Submission Instructions
SPEAKER SUBMISSIONS ARE CLOSED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PROPOSALS.
Click here for the 2016 Call For Speakers
Thank you for your interest in speaking at the 2016 AANP Annual Conference & Exposition. Please review the following information carefully. All submissions are due February 1, 2016. NO LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. The Convention Committee is looking for proposals on a variety of topics including:
Offerings must be clinically relevant and provide attendees with information that can be applied immediately.
- Naturopathic Primary Care: (CV, GI, GU, Endocrine, Treatment Updates, Lab Updates, Psych, etc.)
- Women's Health
- Nature Cure
- Corporate Wellness
- Practice Building
Please submit your proposals at https://syncmeets.wufoo.com/forms/s1pji04513dkj51 Proposals submitted by Feb 1st 2016, will be reviewed by AANP’s Speaker Selection Committee, which will make selections based on content, objectives, relevance, significance, originality, clarity, and speaker experience. All persons who submit proposals will receive notification of the committee’s decision no later than Feb 15, 2016.
New this year: as part of the selection process in 2016, we will be soliciting feedback from our members. Submissions will be uploaded to a voting platform and members will be encouraged to read submissions and give a ‘thumbs up’ for those presentations that are of particular interest. By submitting an abstract, applicants understand that their submission may be posted for review by an open audience.
To maximize clinical worthiness, presentations will include cases, detailed treatment information, and minimal basic information (i.e. anatomy & physiology). Stated learning objectives, and ‘test’ questions should also be included in each offering.
The conference will present varying lengths of presentations for both clinical and research topics.
Selected concurrent speakers will receive $300 plus full conference registration. Oral research presenters (20 minute presentations) will receive $100 in addition to one day conference registration. Any honoraria or reimbursements must be approved by AANP and conference staff. All payments will be made following presentations.
Presentations must be free from real or perceived commercial bias as described in the attached CE Compliance and Financial Disclosure forms. If you have a conflict of interest, please contact Rebecca Takemoto at email@example.com to discuss. AANP will also include vendor presentations in the schedule. Please contact Rebecca Takemoto at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about these opportunities.
General Presentation Requirements:
- Your presentation should be factual and report significant research findings, clinical procedures and results, techniques or topics.
- All presentations must contain at least 2 case studies.
- All presentation must contain detailed treatment information.
- All presentations will be approved by the Speaker Selection Committee.
- All presentations must contain minimal amounts of basic science information (not to exceed 5 minutes).
- All presenters are responsible for their own expenses, including travel, hotel and any other costs incurred by conference participation.
- The Speaker Selection Committee reserves the right to suggest edits, co-presenters and to combine submissions.
- Speakers must be available to present during any of the four days of the convention, July 27 – 30, 2016 as sessions cannot be scheduled per individual requests.
- Presenters are responsible for the transport and storage of any extra presentation materials. Handouts must be approved for distribution by AANP and conference staff prior to the conference. Handouts not approved by AANP and conference staff may be removed at their discretion.
- The speaker understands his/her lecture may be audio and/or video recorded and that slides and notes may be reprinted for symposium and post-symposium sales. By signing below, the speaker agrees to this and forfeits any rights associated with the distribution of recordings or printings. The Speaker Selection Committee reserves the right to reformat proposals to ensure publication uniformity.
- All speakers must provide information on any real or potential conflicts of interest and disclose any affiliations or financial interests to the session attendees. (See Financial Disclosure Form)
- All presentations must meet CE Compliance requirements (see CE Compliance Form).
The following must be included in your proposal. Incomplete submissions will not be reviewed.
Forms should be scanned and uploaded with proposal. Submissions without all forms/photo will not be considered.
- Contact Information
- Presenter(s) full name/degrees
- Primary Contact Name (if different from above)
- Address, City, State and Zip Code
- Day time telephone
- Email address
- Presentation title
- Short description of presentation (up to 100 words)
- Min and max time request as well as commentary on any relevant topics that might fit alongside your proposed topic. Sufficient time for audience questions should also be included.
- Proposal (not to exceed 500 words).
- 3-5 learning objectives (bullet format)
- Presentation Outline
- 3-5 (brief) questions and answers that could be used for future testing (bullet format).
- Mention of whether or not pharmacy discussion will occur during the presentation.
- If pharmacy discussion will be occurring, please indicate the percentage of your presentation that will discuss pharmaceuticals.
- Bio (up to 150 words) for each presenter. Please include degree granting institution(s).
- Speaker Photo (300-dpi jpg or tif) for each presenter
- AANP CE Compliance Form for each presenter (attached)
- AANP Financial Disclosure Form for each presenter (attached)
Formatting and Submission
All proposals must be submitted through the online proposal collection process at https://syncmeets.wufoo.com/forms/s1pji04513dkj51
You will be required to fill out a form with contact information and to upload your complete proposal and photo. Proposals should be uploaded as MS Word or Adobe PDF files and photos should be high quality jpg.
For questions about the proposal submission process please email conference coordinator Rebecca Takemoto, email@example.com.