2018 NATUROPATHIC MEDICINE WEEK
Annual U.S. Naturopathic Medicine Week will be held October 7-13, 2018
. This is a prime opportunity to showcase the value of what you do with patients, prospective patients, reporters, and community leaders through a variety of creative activities, events, and messages.
In prior years, countless AANP members (practicing NDs as well as students) have organized events ranging from open houses, fun runs and lectures to wine tastings, film showings, health fairs and raffles. They’ve also penned articles for local newspapers, obtained television interviews, blogged and tweeted and otherwise spread the word through social media. Some state associations have even had Proclamations signed by their governors recognizing Naturopathic Medicine Week and declaring naturopathic medicine “safe, effective, and affordable.”
What can you do? Anything and everything under the sun! On this page are a variety of ideas and resources you can download and put to immediate use. AANP encourages not only individual NDs but state associations, naturopathic medical schools, and partnering businesses to take part.
So, get creative. Do your bit to promote the benefits of what you do professionally! You'll be helping to gain patients, generate visibility, and ultimately improve our health care system.
How will you celebrate NMW? See below for ideas and please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your updates and photos! Check out what organizations like the NMSA, INM, AANMC & the AANP are doing, in the column to the right, and how you can participate!
HOW TO PROMOTE YOUR EVENT
- Write a newspaper article about naturopathic medicine. Reference and link to our FAQ series.
- Hold an open house
- Give a talk at your local library or book store
- Put on a health or nutrition fair
- Work with your local health food store to hold an activity there
- Sponsor a fun run/walk
- Team with a local restaurant to hold a wine tasting
- Sponsor a film showing
- Hold a picnic or bar-b-que
- Hold a contest or raffle
- Give away T-shirts
- Ask your business partners and vendors to support the event and help to promote it
- Ask your mayor or governor to issue a proclamation "recognizing" the Week
RESOURCES AVAILABLE FROM AANP
- Reach out to the media through a Letter to the Editor or guest column
- Write (or add to) a blog
- Use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and more to promote on social media
- Add your event to AANP's calendar of events here
- Place an article in your local Natural Awakenings magazine
- Tweet - and recirculate tweets - using AANP's Naturopathic Medicine Week hashtag
- Seek out an interview (tips on approaching an interview are here)
- Reach out to your local newspaper (examples of NDs who've obtained good coverage are here and here)
- Use this model news release and poster to publicize your event
- State associations can base their publicity on this model news release
- Arrange for photos to be taken at your event
- Enlist your patients to help spread the word
- Ask naturopathic students to get the word out
- Use AANP’s tagline – Naturopathic Physicians: Natural Medicine. Real Solutions.
- Approach your state's governor to proclaim October 7-13 Naturopathic Medicine Week - as Arizona did here
- Click here for t-shirts, totes, magnets, mugs and more