AANP Student Representatives are AANP student members enrolled in one of the 8 accredited naturopathic medical schools in the United States and Canada. There is one student representative for each school. All enrolled students are invited to apply.
The Responsibilities of the Student Representatives is to be the face of the AANP at the school you are currently enrolled in. The main role is to act as a critical component of effective communication between students and the AANP. The student rep term depends on the expected gradation year. We’re looking for enthusiastic, pro-active ND students who want the opportunity to share the core beliefs of the AANP, promote membership and encourage engagement.
Requirements of Student Representatives
Why Become an AANP Student Representative?
- Serve on the AANP Diversity + Inclusion Committee task force, assisting with projects and efforts
- Contribute to our student communications, for current student members and prospective members, e.g. news updates, and upcoming events
- Play an integral role in shaping the support and services that we offer
- Commitment to;
- attend monthly Diversity + Inclusion Committee meetings
- help us develop student initiatives and benefits
The AANP believes that all students should have a voice, and the ability to make real change. You will act as a conduit between students and the AANP.
What's in it for me?
As well as playing a crucial role in the student experience there are benefits to you personally.
In return we’ll offer you the opportunity to;
- Help shape the future of your profession
- Enhance your learning opportunities
- Improve your skills and employability, adding an asset to your CV
- Be part of a passionate team dedicated to improving the naturopathic profession
- Make a positive contribution for your fellow students
Complimentary benefits include:
- Complimentary AANP Membership
- Recognition on the AANP website
- Volunteer opportunities at the DC FLI and AANP annual convention in exchange for complimentary registration
- Free ticket to attend the AANP Annual Convention gala celebration
Email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
, and include a brief summary about why you would be the best candidate for the Student Rep position.